Skip to main content

BIG NEWS

I have been deep into politics for the past few years, and it is beginning to truly weigh on me, so at the end of 2018, I came to a personal decision that I was going to partake in a project I have been putting off for a couple of decades now. 

One of my goals in life is to publish a novel (or multiple).  I have enjoyed the written word since childhood, and have always meant to create a novel.  As most of you know, however, life happens, and I have always come up with excuses to avoid working on said novel.  I have decided there is no more room for excuses, and I am not getting any younger at this point, so 2019 is the year of the Dunkel Novel!

I have teamed up with a friend of mine who is also going to be working on a book in 2019, and we will be supporting each other throughout the process by peer checking material and holding each other to self-imposed deadlines. 

I will continue blogging as well, because there is no escaping the world around us and I will most certainly still need a vehicle to direct my venting toward throughout the year.  I will ensure to post update blogs on progress made with the novel, and I will tell you now that my goal is to have a completed novel ready for editing and publishing by the end of the year.

If within the next couple of years I am holding a hard bound book with my name printed on the cover, one of my major bucket list goals in life will be complete.  Now, the true goal is to have people read past the cover, love what is inside, and want a second novel to read...but let's start with getting the first one completed and published. 

As a sneak peek into my brainstorm, I will say that the novel is going to be a reality meets fantasy genre that will hopefully be enjoyable for people of all ages.  I am excited, and I look forward to putting some true effort into a project I have dreamed of for so long. 

So that is all for the Blog today.  As I am sure you all know, the Democrats are back in control of the House again, so I am sure there will be all sorts of wonderful and mind numbing political things to discuss in the coming weeks.  Welcome to 2019, a political nightmare that will seemingly never end!

DUNK


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump and the DOJ Trying to Silence Mueller...

Mueller is set to sit in front of Congress on Wednesday this week and answer questions regarding the Mueller Investigation.  The DOJ, and organization that is supposed to look out for the best interests of America but has recently decided to become Trump's personal Law Firm, has sent correspondence to Mueller about what he can and cannot answer. For instance, you have the question of the 10 documented cases of obstruction in volume 2 of the report.  Mueller made it clear that he was bound by DOJ policy and could not indict a sitting president.  One very important question the Congressional Leadership will likely ask is, "If Donald Trump wasn't the sitting President, would you have indicted him based on the amount of evidence in the report?"  That question in every respect is fair.  You are asking the head of an investigation if they would have indicted someone had an arbitrary roadblock not been in place.  I say arbitrary roadblock because the policy is...

Our current state of events....

Trump Tweet 10/29/18 - "There is great anger in our Country caused in part by inaccurate, and even fraudulent, reporting of the news.  The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly.  That will do much to put out the flame..." "...of Anger and Outrage and we will then be able to bring all sides together in Peace and Harmony.  Fake News Must End!" Trump Tweet 10/28/18 - "The Fake News is doing everything in their power to blame Republicans, Conservatives and me for the division and hatred that has been going on for so long in our Country.  Actually, it is their Fake & Dishonest reporting which is causing problems far greater than they understand!" So I wanted to start this blog with a message from the President.  As you can see, the President has an interesting perception of the Free Press. Since Just July of this year, the President has called the Press i...

Unity in spite of differences is the way to win...

I have watched the splintering of the Democratic Party over the past couple of years, and it is very concerning.  The party has broken into smaller pieces and the infighting has become far more prevalent since the November, 2018, Elections.  What we are seeing at this point are viewpoints of essentially 3 generations of leaders coming to a head, and an unwillingness for any of them to work together toward a common goal.  Look at the Republican Party right now.  Do you think Evangelicals truly love Trump?  Heck no they don't.  Trump's words and actions go against nearly everything those Evangelicals believe in, but they show their full support because he will push for the policy positions they believe in, like in the case of abortion.  They love that McConnell is loading the courts with Judges who may just try to overturn historic abortion law, and hold judicial power for nearly a generation moving forward; even if the right loses power.  Do yo...